Whiner's Workout - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Whiner's Workout

This blog is an accounting of my pursuit of good health. It is intended to keep me honest about my successes and failures. PTers have been encouraging and inspirational; hopefully I can do the same for others.
Old

Dump the Plump

Posted 03-24-2013 at 09:59 AM by tia

walked 1 mile
4 lunges
10 side crunches
10 push-ups

size 14 is quite snug
pounds?
Old

Some Kind of Miracle

Posted 03-31-2010 at 03:08 PM by tia

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start."--John Bingham

I'm really just posting to see if this will post on the blog pages. Pathetic, I know.

Yesterday the opportunity to workout sorta passed me by. I wanted to go for a swim at the gym, but that fizzled out. Turns out the only one-piece that fits me (don't mean to imply that I have bikinis that DO fit) is in the wash anyway.

I did walk in place and do some low-impact aerobics in place while watching American Idol last night. That's gotta count for something...

And I gained TWO pounds. I've avoided sugary foods, cut back on soda, been drinking more water, haven't snacked on junk.....I love it!

So....I'm going to go check on my bike to see if it's clear for takeoff--haven't ridden it in about 2 years. If not, it's a walk for me.
Old

I'm strong today!

Posted 03-29-2010 at 02:53 PM by tia

"Are you going to be a wimp, or are you going to be strong today?"--Peter Maher, marathon runner

Enough inspiration, here comes the whine:
I don't really have any workout gear that I fit into! My back, arms, belly fat, and boobs have gotten so big, my tops don't quite cover all that they should. (The boobs were already plenty big, so them getting bigger is not a positive.) My @$$ is so huge that my workout pants are high-waters! It's too cold still to wear shorts (not that I could fit into them), thank goodness, because my gelatinous thighs would be sure to cause traffic accidents!

Today's workout:
1.3 mile run
12 crunches
12 side crunches each side
12 push ups
12 seconds wall sit
5 lunges each leg

I caught a bit of Ruby this afternoon, and her therapist asked her to change 5 habits. (She put mirrors around her house, got rid of her big old comfy chair, cut out...
Old

Starting Anew

Posted 03-28-2010 at 03:31 PM by tia

I guess this new blog (if that is what I'm doing...) represents a kickoff to my new exercise regimen.

I had forgotten that I started each post of my old blog with an inspirational quote. (helped me, seemed to help a few others)

Pick 'em up and put 'em down. That's all there is to it. If you're running, walking, weight-lifting--it's that simple. Get started, and you're doing it!

Please see "old" blog for past history (should you choose):
http://blogs.proteacher.net/discussi...p?f=228#238161

You'll find cool stuff about my butt, boobs, peeing blood, running around blood, lots of sarcasm, some inspiration--I hope, little comic relief.

I really wanted to have one of these pics as my avatar:
http://images.triplem.com.au/2009/07...se-fail-12.jpg

http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2...hy-serving.jpg