summer goals - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

4thGradeNV

Rate this Entry

summer goals

Posted 06-20-2010 at 07:51 PM by 4thGradeNV

I had a baby in April and decided that I was tired of my pants not fitting. I was doing Weight Watchers before I got pregnant, but don't want to start that until after summer is over. My goal is to lose 30 pounds, but I know that's going to take time and determination.

I started walking 2 weeks ago and have come to rely on my quiet time every day. I've been walking 2-3 miles a day...lately it's been more like 3.5. I even created a special folder on my iPod that has songs with a faster beat to keep me going. Yesterday I walked in a 5K and finished in less than an hour. I probably could have gone faster if I hadn't had shin splints for the first half of it. I'm wondering if buying a new pair of shoes would help or if I just need to deal with it. It was funny because tonight I didn't get shin splints at all. Maybe because I felt like I was walking in slow motion the entire way! Who knows.

Since I've started I've lost 4 pounds, so that is very encouraging I think I'm going to buy an elliptical for those days when I can't go out walking...like during wind storms and winter time.
Posted in Uncategorized
Comments 0

« Prev         Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments