Time to wind back up - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Adventures of 6th

Rate this Entry

Time to wind back up

Posted 04-08-2011 at 12:31 PM by imalith

I've been relaxing and really enjoying my spring break, but now I need to start to formulate my post-break, pre-testing plan of attack.

Once I get back the year will be CRAZY! My husband, also a teacher always says, if you haven't taught it before spring break it is too late. Well, I'm in trouble, because I have lots more to teach.

My schedule will be crazy. I have one week of teaching and then the next week is one entire week of training using GLAD strategies. So, I have one week to teach some critical components before our NWEA test the following Monday. Sheesh. I'm starting a poetry unit because there are always figurative language and poetry questions on that test. It is also a great time because poetry is simply fun and after some hard core research reporting and essay writing, short fun poems and word play are perfect to add some joy to the classroom.

I'm also teaching Greek Roots. I already taught Latin roots, so I'm going to redo similar lessons, but include a prediction component at the beginning of the lessons.

Because I'm a genius (ha ha), I scheduled a book talk from our librarian on Monday. They are going to get started on their final book project of the year. I'm doing the "genre" book talk with the "Convince me to Read" project that I hijacked from one of our brilliant and amazing Proteacher colleagues. I've modified it a bit, but overall it is the same project.

Okay, that is my first week back. Then I have to write a week of sub plans. Yikes!
Posted in Teaching Related , Reading , Writing , general
Comments 0

« Prev         Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments