Jamie Foxx Did It, Why Can't I? - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Fear & Loathing in Special Education

Rate this Entry

Jamie Foxx Did It, Why Can't I?

Posted 07-21-2010 at 11:38 AM by Speced9

Yeah, I blog a lot. I have blogging tendencies. I'm an overblogger. I have hyperbloggerism. Look it up. It's real, I tell you!

Regardless of my blogging ailments, I've noticed something interesting about my PT blog recently, and I'm dumbfounded as to what the cause is.

Earlier this week, I posted to this blog. It was just a quick thought that I needed to vent at the time. I had previously posted four days prior, but I have often had more than one post in a week.

For those of you who don't blog, there's a certain thrill associated with seeing your post on the main PT Blogs page. I usually hit the "Post Now" button and then refresh the main blog page like a crazed idiot until I see my post appear. So yes, I'm hurting for entertainment I guess.

On this particular day, I went through my usual compulsive posting ritual.

(That's a real blog disease too by the way. It's called Bloggotillomania which refers to a blogger picking out their own post from a main blog page. I'm serious! Look it up.)

My post from four days ago was showing second from the top on the main PT blog page as I began refreshing the page.

Refresh! (Still the same....)
Refresh! (WHAT THE HECK?!!!)

My new post appeared at the top, but my previous post mysteriously disappeared. Vanished. Gone. No trace whatsoever.

Then it dawned on me. There must be a PT setting that prevents a blogger from having more than one post on the main blog page at once! So, I had figured out what had happened, but I was still left with the WHY.

Why? Why? WHY? My first thought was a paranoid one (yet another problem associated with overblogging).

"Am I blogging too much? Does PT consider me a blog hog?

The answer? Well, maybe, but I don't see it that way. It's not that I blog too much. Actually, it's that the other bloggers don't blog enough. They're microbloggers. They have Blogwrite Dysfunction. They have the desire, but maybe their equipment isn't functioning properly (that would be their fingers, computer or Internet access mind you). So, I'm being punished for someone else's disorder.

Of course,there could be another reason though. I seem to recall back in November when the PT blog page was totally (and I mean TOTALLY) overrun with posts from one blogger. Even I, as a hyperbloggerist thought to myself, "Holy crap! Talk about not being able to get a word in edgewise!" I even made a little fun of it at the time with this:

Quote:
3. I'm thankful that a 50,000 words pledge wasn't actually a 100,000 word pledge. Oh come on! Have you looked at the main blog page lately? It's like Kanye West has joined PT!
So, I'm guessing that's the real reason for the post it-lose it act on the PT blog page. Now all I had to do was figure out how to deal with it. After a little bit of thought, I came up with this:

Thanks for reading this post! Just in case you missed my post from four days ago, you can read it here!
Posted in Teaching Related , Life As I Know It
Comments 1

« Prev         Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment

By the way

My blog titles are the toughest part of posting for me. So, sometimes a title is something that only I get. If you're wondering about the title for this particular post, it refers to the fact that Jamie Foxx was nominated twice in the same year for an academy award.