Sizzle, Part 3 - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

The Blog Of the Bigwig Rabbit

Rate this Entry

Sizzle, Part 3

Posted 03-07-2011 at 04:29 AM by BigwigRabbit

[SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Lucky we found this overhang.
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2] Hes becoming more vocal. Its scaring me.
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2] Yeah. Me too. His temperature is up again.
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]How much?
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]I dont know. He may be above 105.
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]You know whats fatal? How high can it go?
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]No. I dont know.
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Alright. Were going to have to make a plan. First, we need to wait out this rain.<!--break-->
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Yeah. We have to figure out how were going to cross the river.
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Mother of pearl! I forgot about the river! What are we going to do? How will we get him across?
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]How will we get [/SIZE][SIZE=2][I]us[/I][/SIZE][SIZE=2] across?
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]They just [/SIZE][SIZE=2][I]had[/I][/SIZE][SIZE=2] to blow up that bridge after wed crossed it, huh? Which reminds me, were going to have to avoid them once we get to the bottom.
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Yeah. Weve got 20 rounds each and 1 grenade left. That wont stop much. Were going to have to be brainy.
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]And quiet.
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Howre we going to keep him quiet?
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]You know, he shuts up after he drinks. Maybe we can give him more water. Then hell keep quiet.
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Wish we could get that bullet out.
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Dont even think about it. We dont have the tools. We dont even have a band-aid.
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Snake, Dude, snake!
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]What?! Where?!
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Man, its behind you. Looks like a Fer de Lance. Dont move.
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Im going nowhere, man. Can you get it?
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]No. If I miss, you or I might get bit. We cant afford that.
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Shoot it, man, shoot it!
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Im not wasting a bullet on that thing! Wait. Its moving. Slide slowly to your right.
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Where is it, man?
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Its moving away. Relax. Its not gonna eat you.
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Im sweating bullets, man!
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]I wish you were. Then wed have an armory.
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Ha-Ha.
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Its gone. Get out the map.
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Alright. We are here. Weve got to get over here. This is where the bridge was. I dont think we want to cross there. Theyll be watching.
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Do you see any possible spots?
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Yeah. Here, here, or here.
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]I think this place looks best.
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Yeah. Me too.
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Howre we going to get down there? Theres a 1200 foot difference in elevation.
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Well have to find a way.
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Betcha we can go down through that canyon. It looks like it empties into the river.
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]I dont see any major drop-offs marked here. This map has been accurate so far.
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Hey! Hes babbling again.
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Give him some water.
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Got it.
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Good. That worked. Lets hope it continues to work.
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Alright. Im going out to scout around for the best route down. Ill also get more water.
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Yeah. Go ahead. Ill watch him. See if you can find some fruit or something. Im sick of these MREs.
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2]***
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2]The sea is calm now. Im not bouncing around any more. In fact, the sea is dead calm. Im not even moving. The rain stopped like I said, but its hot, hot, hot. I think I might try to get some seawater and cool myself down. Oh no! The boat is talking. Its not talking to me though. It seems to be talking to the sea. The sea has a gurgly voice, while the boats voice is raspy and dry.
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Oh Ocean, will you swallow this foul pill I carry?
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Ship, you ask too much. Do not heave any more of your refuse into my maw. In fact, I think Ill end this once and for all.
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2]I cant believe this. The ship and the ocean are enemies. The ocean is rising up to swamp the ship. The ship is turning into the wave. Theres still no whitewater. Im going to get drenched!
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2]***
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Hold him up!
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Hes slipping
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Oh man! He got drenched!
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Just keep going.
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]The current is too strong!
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Weve got to make it!
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Hold him up!
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]I touched bottom!
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]So did I!
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Watch for holes now!
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Keep his head up!
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Got it!
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Alright! Were there!
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Pull him up!
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Hey! Hes Awake!
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Lay him down there.
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Incoming!!!
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Drag him over there into those trees! Go! Go! Go!
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]They missed with that shell. Glad they cant aim.
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Theyre still shooting. Lets move farther in among these trees.
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]There. I think were safe now. Lets put him down.
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2]O.K. Im being carried through a thick forest area by two soldiers. Ive been in this fantasy world for quite a while now. I wonder what strange thing will happen this time. First, I know these guys. I see Sergeant Sturgis there with the red hair and humongous muscles. That other guy with the swarthy complexion and the small build is Verzini. Dont make a mistake about Verzini. He can cream big ol Sturgis with one hand chained to an anchor. Wonder what they have to do with my little fantasy.
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Hey! Youre back with us! That was Sturgis.
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2]Yeah, Sarge, Im here. The question is, are you?
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Whataya mean? Youve been loopy for 3 days! Sergeant Sturgis says to me.
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2]So Im really back. This is the real place. No more rocks talking and such?
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Rocks talking? No. The only things talking around here besides us are the guns of the Kroulis. Can you walk? We need to get to the pick-up point. So says Verzini.
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2]Ive got a great deal of pain in my shoulder, guys. I feel really weak, but Ill see what I can muster.
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]You took a Krouli bullet, Hoss. Its still in there. Chewed you up some, sorry to say. Good news from Sturgis.
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2]How many times do I have to tell you. My name aint Hoss or Gonzo or Mac or Jack or Slim.
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Old Buckaroo is feeling better, Verzini.
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2]Why dont you call him Gonzo?
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Because his name is Verzini. Peals of laughter from Sturgis.
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Shut up Sturgis. Youre going to wake the neighbors, Verzini says with enough menace to get it done.
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2]So now I notice that my arm is tied up tight to my body with a torn shirt. I bet if I keep it still I can live with the pain. Now all I have to do is stand up and remain standing. Here goes. Ah, success. Woooah. Dizzy. Hold on. Its slowing down. Almost stopped. There. World no longer spinning. O.k. You guys are going to have to stay close to me in case I collapse. Either of you have some water?
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Lets go. The map says we need to head due north until we reach Rio de Las Flores. Then we head west to the base of El Puerco Mesa. Thats where we get picked up. Hopefully. Verzini is the map-man.
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2]We are moving slowly on account of me, unfortunately. I am still in very bad shape. I have fever and have lost a lot of blood. I ate a little MRE food but that was the first food Ive eaten for three and a half days. We havent seen any Kroulis or any sign of them for that matter so thats good. I hear the river. Yes, there it is. Now well follow it down stream to the pick-up point.
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2]Since I have some time now, Ill tell you about the Kroulis. Very little is known about them since only three have been captured and only one of those talked. No one is sure if that one told the truth. Most of what it said seems reasonable, based on our observances of the others. Now, you may have noticed I referred to the captured one as it. They have no gender. They look exactly like humans but they have no hair and no fingernails or toenails. These Kroulis are very unintelligent. I dont believe all Kroulis are idiots, but all these guys want to do is fight.
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2]They come from a universe parallel to ours. They are exiles from that universe because they are criminals. No one knows where the portal is through which they come. What is certain is they do keep coming. Our job is to give them the fight that they want, only we have to make sure they dont win. Actually, this specific team, Sturgis, Verzini, and I, was supposed to try to find the portal. We were ordered to observe the arrival of a group of Kroulis.
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2]Hey! Did we find the portal?
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Yeah. We got pictures and everything. Only thing is, one of those Kroulis happened to stumble on our hiding spot and raised the alarm. Of course there was an armed group welcoming the newcomers. You got hit while we were retreating.
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2]Thanks, Verzini. Anyway, as I was saying, these Kroulis are not nice. They have gotten what is the equivalent of a death sentence in their own world. Now they are here and causing us a migraine headache. Some other team will probably be sent through the portal (if thats possible) to ask the rest of the Kroulis to please stop dumping their garbage on us. Oh yeah. Why are they called Kroulis? Because that was the name of the one guy who talked.
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2]Were slowing down now because we need to be quiet, not so much that theyll hear us, but we need to hear them. If we hear them, we can conceal ourselves and be safe for the most part. If we can hide, theyll not find us unless one stumbles upon us by chance, as they did at the portal site. The pick-up site is about 2000 yards away. There is no helicopter there yet. It comes by twice a day to check the site. When we see the chopper, well send up a signal. Then itll come in and pick us up - if its safe.
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2]I can hear the chopper coming. Its maybe a mile off. Were moving towards the pick-up point. Verzini is sending up the signal now (its a laser signal, not a flare, to decrease attention). Rats! Weve been spotted. It seems the Kroulis are learning. Theyve staked out the pick-up point. There are about 50 of them between us and where we need to be. They are firing on us, but thank goodness they cant shoot. Verzini is sending a signal to the chopper that were taking fire.
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2]The chopper cant land if we are under attack. What theyll do is radio for a shell or two to scatter the Kroulis long enough for us to get picked up. Man that was fast. I can hear it whistling in right now. Got to take cover. Boom. That was big. Here comes another. Ouch. That one hurt. I still have fever and my shoulder hurts like mad. Im still quite weak. If I had been standing, the concussion of that blast would have knocked me down, easy. It jarred me hard.
[/SIZE] [SIZE=2]Here comes the chopper. Out we go. Whew! Now we can rest. Ive got hospital food to look forward to for the next week at least. Then Ill have two weeks of debriefing. What fun. After that I have only 4 days of my military obligation left. Then, I think Ill go teach school. Thats got to be easier than this.[/SIZE]
Posted in Not Teaching Related
Comments 0

« Prev         Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments