Testing can be funny! - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

The Miraculous Journey of...

Rate this Entry

Testing can be funny!

Posted 04-09-2010 at 05:59 PM by liketeaching1

Did you know...
  • you put 10 gallons of milk on your cereal?
  • President Obama lives in a castle?
  • That an airplane is the closest thing to the earth?
  • The US is in the southern hemisphere?
  • That if you are given a choice of NH (not here) that it must be the answer ALL the time?
Yes, it is the only comical thing I can say. What exactly did I teach these kids? Could this be the ones that randomly pick up a pencil, fill in a bubble, and slam their pencil down?

And, did you know that MY state is now going to base 50% of ALL teachers' evaluations based on THE test?

I think I'll just move into that castle and live happily ever after! AND I'll have a huge bowl of cereal with 10 gallons of milk on it.
Posted in Teaching Related
Comments 4

« Prev         Next »
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old Comment

understand

I feel your pain. Our kids will be testing in a couple of weeks (4th grade). I find it's best to just sit at my desk and not look at any of their answers....it helps keep my panic attacks at bay! Of course, after the week of testing, I always ask the kids if they had any questions that they weren't sure about..and when I ask what they answered, I just want to ask them "Did you even listen to ANYTHING I taught you this year?!"

I am in TN....and we are part of the "race to the top" legislation, too. Can I move into the castle with you, too?
  2. Old Comment

Hope that castle has tons of rooms

I'd like to move in too. My state wants to make the test 51% of teacher evaluations.
  3. Old Comment
    We are testing the last full week of April - ugh! I think my first graders might do better this year than ever before. (I wonder how many other years I have thought that?)

It's too bad they don't rate teachers on how sophisticated our students are while discussing a read aloud. I am reading The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane and the insight my students are having is amazing. It thrills me to listen to them use the comprehension skills I have been teaching them. I had never read this book before, but when it was in a recent Scholastic book club flier, I ordered it. What a treasure.
  4. Old Comment

testing

Hee hee! That just shows how NOT developmentally appropriate those stupid things are. Imagine! First graders- taking that kind of a test?