Blog Entries - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Old

My last old blog entry

Posted 03-29-2010 at 12:25 PM by musicbug
Updated 03-30-2010 at 04:20 PM by musicbug

I posted this this morning in the old blog spot. Sorry .

Quote:
The Near Future Of Education**** by: musicbug, 03-29-2010

Setting: Principal's Office. Principal is on the phone with Superintendent.

Principal: "..... I'm telling you, no one but a newbee will touch this class. Yes, reallly low. I know Mrs K is awesome with them, but she won"t take them unless we promise her no pay cut and protect her certification. I know we're supposed to get our best teachers on this job to bring the test scores up...pops blood pressure pill. Transfer teachers....rolls eyes.... you know no one transfers anymore. Yes ,yes gives us stability and control...more eye rolls and makes evil face. What do you suggest???? High GPA, Ivy League , if possible.. yes
Old

Starting Anew

Posted 03-28-2010 at 03:31 PM by tia

I guess this new blog (if that is what I'm doing...) represents a kickoff to my new exercise regimen.

I had forgotten that I started each post of my old blog with an inspirational quote. (helped me, seemed to help a few others)

Pick 'em up and put 'em down. That's all there is to it. If you're running, walking, weight-lifting--it's that simple. Get started, and you're doing it!

Please see "old" blog for past history (should you choose):
http://blogs.proteacher.net/discussi...p?f=228#238161

You'll find cool stuff about my butt, boobs, peeing blood, running around blood, lots of sarcasm, some inspiration--I hope, little comic relief.

I really wanted to have one of these pics as my avatar:
http://images.triplem.com.au/2009/07...se-fail-12.jpg

http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2...hy-serving.jpg
Old

You Put Out a Greatest Hits Album

Posted 03-28-2010 at 04:16 AM by Speced9
Updated 03-28-2010 at 04:45 AM by Speced9

So it's out with the old blogs, and in with the new ones eh? What's a blogger to do? Well, let's face it- I have no choice in the matter. I must accept change, or get lost in its aftermath. So, like anything in special education, I'm making the change, but not without checking my progress, setting new goals and making it harder than it has to be.

I hate to see my old blog go. Oh, it'll be there floating in cyberspace forever, but no one will read it unless I give the audience an avenue to do so. So, I thought I'd use my first post on the NEW AND IMPROVED Fear and Loathing in Special Education to stroll down memory lane (actually, it's more of a culdesac) and give you, the reader, a look at my blogging life when it was just NEW. Oh...and because I can't think of anything else to write about at this time. After all, you know what music artists do when they have to keep their name out there, but don't have any new material...

The World...
Old

Getting Ready to TEST!

Posted 03-25-2010 at 04:51 PM by J.Elaine
Updated 03-26-2010 at 04:51 AM by J.Elaine

We had our big faculty meeting this afternoon. You know the one -- everything you ever wanted to know about the big STATE TESTS and so much more.

It all starts next week. Tuesday, Comm.Arts session 1 and Wednesday, Comm.Arts sessions 2-3. The next week is Math, and the week after that is Science. So far we (my students and I) have not let ourselves go into a frenzy over it. It's just one of those things we have to do in education, so we do it. I have to confess. I will be very happy when it's all over and behind us. Then we can go back to real life.

This is year two of a two-year loop for our class. My students will be leaving me to go to the Middle School. It's always a sad day to see them go, but they are so ready to leave the nest, spread their wings, and fly (a little!). Before that last day rolls around, we have so many things to do:
D.A.R.E. Camp and Graduation
Sixth-Grade Orientation and Enrollment
Old

Feelin' My Way Around this New Blog!

Posted 03-25-2010 at 04:29 PM by J.Elaine
Updated 04-04-2010 at 04:41 PM by J.Elaine

I just submitted a title and introduction for my new blog page. I feel like I don't really know how to do anything for sure, but I'm willing to try to just feel my way around for awhile. I may just stumble into some knowledge as grope along!!!!
Old

Testing, testing, 1 . . .2 . . .3

Posted 03-20-2010 at 05:03 PM by J.Elaine
Updated 04-04-2010 at 04:43 PM by J.Elaine

This is actually a test to see how this new customized blog page works. I got it all set up, and lo and behold, it says I have no blog entries. I just posted a blog entry yesterday, but that was before I set up this new page. So I'm writing this as a test.

BTW, here's the link to yesterday's blog which was, oddly enough, about TESTING!
http://www.proteacher.net/discussion...play.php?f=126
Old

Real Housewives of the O.C.

Posted 03-18-2010 at 05:50 AM by Orwell
Updated 03-26-2010 at 11:05 AM by Orwell

Fine. I admit it. There is some part of me that does, in fact, enjoy watching some of these shows that my wife is addicted to watching. One of which, is The Real Housewives of the O.C. Does that make me less of man? Maybe. Iím fine with that.

There has been something bothering me for the entire season. Then, last night, while watching our TIVOed reunion episode, it hit me. One of the ladies looks an awful lot like Aerosmith front man Stven Tyler

Maybe that what is with all of the plastic surgery? I know....I'll get fans of the jumping to her defense. She lost her home. They are having money trouble. I understand all of that. I can offer a suggestion to her. Celeb. impersonators can earn big bucks. All she needs to do is learn a song or two. She's got the look down....