Testing Fantasies- Part One - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Hanging In the Primary Wing

Rate this Entry

Testing Fantasies- Part One

Posted 04-05-2011 at 09:27 AM by musicbug

Many of us are now judged as teachers by our student's test scores ( up to 50+%).Short of begging and prayers our tool box is quite bare to get student cooperation to take the tests. What I wouldn't give for student accountability.....
Unlike the government, I start cheap. The first is a tear sheet the child takes home that states.
Dear Parent: Each child was given ________ minutes to complete today's section of the test. You child _______________ started at _________ and ended at _____________.

Dear Mom and Dad: I finished my test. I took the test seriously and ended at ___________. I checked all my answers and tried my best.

Please sign below ____________________________

Of course these forms are filed in triplicate. One stapled to the test, one sent to the office and one for the parent to sign and return.

For the disbelieving parent..each child will b e required to stamp their test when finished with a computerized day/date/ time seal.

Take two.... also cheap....

Children who take less than half the time on the test have their tests flagged. If it is passing it stays in the count if it isn't, it isn't counted against the teacher. Schools with high numbers of tagged and discarded will have mandatory monthly parent child meeting to prep for the tests.

Any other dreamers out there??? Share your own here.
Posted in Teaching Related
Comments 1

« Prev         Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment

I LIKE it!

I made a letter for my kids to take home based on this. I think it could do some good for some kids!

Even if you were just fantasizing ~ your dreams may come true for me!

Thank you!