Setting up my room - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Adventures of 6th

Rate this Entry

Setting up my room

Posted 08-05-2010 at 07:12 AM by imalith

The calender page flipped to August and I felt compelled to organize my room. I strip down my room every year: All books off the shelves, boxed in the closets. Most posters off the walls. Nothing is loose.

I walked into my room to essentially an open pallete. I say essentially, because I've already committed to a jungle type theme because of my previous purchases. I use material to make bulletin boards. I have an assortment of monkeys, too.

I had a couple of helpers. My good friend, helped me put up a huge butcher paper palm tree. I twisted yellow paper to make the trunk and cut out the green palm fronts from paper. Her son helped stack all the books, and I have lots of books. He did a great job arranging them mostly by series and authors.

Next project is to rewrite my reading tests to make them look more simlar to our new state assessment. I've learned that kids have trouble with transfer. Even a new font throws them off. Our new state assessment not only changed the font, but they also added some completion questions. These are stand alone items that really baffled my students last year when the new test was first revealed. I'm going to try to post some pictures of my room. It isn't quite finished, but I might head up there today.
Posted in Teaching Related , Reading , Writing
Comments 0

« Prev         Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments