Thoughts From the Recliner Part III - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Fear & Loathing in Special Education

Rate this Entry

Thoughts From the Recliner Part III

Posted 01-20-2011 at 12:47 PM by Speced9

There came a moment this morning when I found myself pensively pondering my situation. Snow was falling silently outside. I had turned the television off, so all I could hear was the rhythmic breathing of my pooch as she slumbered away the hours as she often does. (I must also add that she has the most expensive dog bed that money can buy. We like to call it THE COUCH.)

It was at that moment I realized I had adopted the lifestyle of a dog in three day's time.

The similarities are staggering. For example:

My Dog: Spends at least 20 out of 24 hours sleeping/lightly dozing on the family room furniture each day.

Me: An uncanny coincidence, but I must admit that I am the only one who is pretending to be watching the television at the same time.

My Dog: Keenly aware of any sounds (cars outside, the mailman putting letters in the box, the house settling) throughout the day or night.

Me: I hear every sound too! I think I'm even cocking my head to one side and doing that inquisitive doggy look as well.

My Dog: Nudges, paws and scratches the pillows and blankets before settling down.

Me: Guilty as charged, plus, I have to make sure the electric blanket is set appropriately.

My Dog: Has food supplied to her by my wife.

Me: I would be starving if it wasn't for that woman of mine.

My Dog: Becomes overexcited when she hears the garage door opening. It's the long awaited signal that the family has returned!

Me: I'm practically giddy with excitement at the end of the day! They're home! They're home! Thank goodness they're home!

My Dog: Has someone impatiently waiting on her to finish when she goes to the bathroom.

Me: I wait impatiently on myself to finish going to the bathroom.

My Dog: Licks herself where no man has licked himself before.

Me: NO COMMENT
Posted in Not Teaching Related , Life As I Know It , TMI (You Had to Be There)
Comments 1

« Prev         Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I love your sense of humor!! You made me laugh so much, my husband is wondering what I am doing on this computer of mine....