Sizzle, Part 2 - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

The Blog Of the Bigwig Rabbit

Rate this Entry

Sizzle, Part 2

Posted 02-08-2011 at 05:38 AM by BigwigRabbit

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]ď[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]His temperature has dropped.Ē[/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=3]
[/SIZE] [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]ď[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Has he taken any water?Ē[/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=3]
[/SIZE] [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]ď[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Yes, fortunately. Heís been drinking at regular intervals.Ē[/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=3]
[/SIZE] [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]ď[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Heís not vomiting anymore?Ē[/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=3]
[/SIZE] [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]ď[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]No. He hasnít vomited all day.Ē[/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=3]
[/SIZE] [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]ď[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Can we move him yet? Weíve got to get back.Ē[/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=3]
[/SIZE] [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]ď[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]No. Heís far too weak. His situation is most precarious. If his temperature stays down, weíll go in the morning.Ē[/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=3]<!--break-->
[/SIZE] [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]ď[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]How will we carry him?Ē[/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=3]
[/SIZE] [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]ď[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]I donít know. Weíve got all night to figure that out.Ē[/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=3]
[/SIZE] [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]***[/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=3]
[/SIZE] [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Funny. I thought I heard voices while I was napping. I even thought I saw the outline of people and material like a tent. Hmmm. Jeeez. Itís getting cold. I better get up and find someplace to warm up. These mountains are really rugged. Iíve been stranded here for a day and a half, ever since I got separated from my hiking companions. We were taking a nice day hike through these mountains when I saw a porcupine in the bushes. I had never seen one in the wild before, so I went after it a bit to try to get a good picture. I must have followed it too far because I could not find the trail again afterwards. [/SIZE][/FONT] [SIZE=3]
[/SIZE] [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Iím so cold. I have this blanket (I canít seem to remember where it came from) and Iím holding it tight around me but still Iím cold. Water. Oh man, itís time to find water. I donít feel like getting up and looking for it, but Iíve got to. Itís dark and the trees are moving. I think I hear them speaking. Uggh. Iím dizzy. My shoulder hurts. I just had a flash of memory, something about a rock speaking. It seems like I was in the desert. That was long ago though. It had to be. I can hardly remember. My shoulder and legs are really sore, and Iím so cold.[/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=3]
[/SIZE] [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Iíve forced myself to get up. Somehow the blanket is gone. I guess I donít need it anymore because it seems to be warming up here. I am walking down this mountainside, and I hope there is a stream at the bottom. It looks like the perfect place for a stream. I really need water. It certainly is warming up. Iíll have to find shelter very soon after I get water because it is becoming so very hot. The trees are speaking.[/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=3]
[/SIZE] [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Iím quite frightened, you know. I donít much like what these trees are saying. They are telling me to sit down among them and join the ďsoil and compostĒ in their words. Their words seem inviting, but their tone of voice is menacing, dark. I think they donít have my best interests at heart. Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha! At heart! See how thatís funny! Trees donít have hearts. I canít stop laughing. Ha-ha-ha-ha (snort). Ow! It hurts to laugh. Iíve got to stop. I think Iím hysterical. Ahh. Thereís the water. Iíll take a drink and calm down. The water seems like it should be cold, coming from this mountain stream, but itís quite warm actually. [/SIZE][/FONT] [SIZE=3]
[/SIZE] [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Iíve decided I need another nap. Iím afraid Iím losing my mind here. There is this constant cracking as the trees move about, and they keep saying awful things to me as I walk by. Didnít I used to have a tattoo on my arm that talked a long time ago? I must have had it erased. I didnít think you could erase a tattoo. Iím going to sleep now.[/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=3]
[/SIZE] [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]ď[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Heís sleeping now.Ē[/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=3]
[/SIZE] [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]ď[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Good. Howís his temperature?Ē[/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=3]
[/SIZE] [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]ď[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]It went really high for a while, but now itís stabilized and falling.Ē[/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=3]
[/SIZE] [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]ď[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Will we be able to leave at dawn?Ē[/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=3]
[/SIZE] [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]ď[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]I believe so. Have you got the stretcher ready?Ē[/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=3]
[/SIZE] [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]ď[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Yes. Iím afraid itís going to rain though.Ē[/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=3]
[/SIZE] [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]ď[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Great, just what we need. Well, thereís no helping it.Ē[/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=3]
[/SIZE] [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3] This voyage began nicely, with gentle seas and only an occasional bump when the prow would hit a trough. Iím afraid itís becoming more and more of a nuisance though. The seas are red and the sky is green. I donít know why but I think thatís wrong. I am having a lot of trouble focusing my thoughts. Another strange thing is that every time I look over the side of this boat to take a look at the water something forces my head back down on this deck. Ah. Now I see whatís happened. Itís beginning to get warm. I can see now that the sky is blue and the sea is blue, as it should be. Thatís right.[/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=3]
[/SIZE] [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3] Iím going to throw out the thought that there should be some white water, at least at the shipís waterline. There is none but there must be some reasonable explanation for it. The fact that there is none makes me think that I may be a bit batty in the head. I keep having flashing memories of a desert where rocks talk and a mountain area where trees talk and move. This seems so real, though.[/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=3]
[/SIZE] [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Every once in a while I get strongly jostled and I nearly fall overboard. I wonder if the sea is cool. Itís really getting hot out here. I think Iíd better see if there is any water on board this ship. I hope it didnít fall overboard during the storm. My traveling companions and the crew were all thrown into the sea during that same storm. Didnít I see a large tail disappear into the sea right after that?[/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=3]
[/SIZE] [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3] You know whatís really weird? The sky is completely blue and itís starting to rain. Iíve felt several drops on my face and there is no spray coming off the sea (Iíve accepted that bit as normal). The rain felt kind of good at first, but now itís getting uncomfortable. Itís getting in my mouth and nose, making it hard for me to breathe. There. It stopped.[/SIZE][/FONT]
Posted in Not Teaching Related
Comments 0

« Prev         Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments