Still working.. - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

The Miraculous Journey of...

Rate this Entry

Still working..

Posted 03-30-2010 at 07:06 PM by liketeaching1

Is change always difficult? Many of my blogs have touched on the positive changes within my classroom and also my philosophy of teaching.

Maybe the new blog gives me an opportunity to change. After all the season of spring has arrived. But there are many negatives flowing throughout my school. I've tried to deal with it in an unusual way--hiding! Yes, just taking a break from the lunch negative fussing. Yes, just taking a break from the chit chat in the hallways. Yes, just taking a break from the way others look upon administration's desire to be a professional school.

We will see...
Posted in Teaching Related
Comments 1

« Prev         Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment

Did You Say Change?! I Think I'm Ready!

Your post has added to my excitement about some 'restructuring' that is on the horizon for the school at which I am employed. While so many things about my workplace may be characterized as 'awesome', I am grateful for an administration which does not hesitate to make changes that could potentially propel us to another level of functioning, accountability, and success. A few years ago, I read a book entitled Good to Great by Jim Collins. In this work, Collins discusses techniques used by successful companies and CEO's which resulted in them taking a 'quantum leap' -- transforming themselves from 'good' companies into 'great' ones. And that's what I'm SO looking forward to! Our school is such a good one...and in some cases, it's actually a great one! But somehow the old adage, "There's always room for improvement" never goes away. And so, after taking a long, hard look at some areas that need to be 'made great', our administrative team has taken to the helm once more and are now leading the way in this restructuring designed to establish a pattern of even greater achievement and success. The consultants have been called in, teachers have been given opportunities to express their ideologies about the impending changes, and students, I am confident, will reap great rewards, because the change is really all about them. So again...did you say change?! I think I'm ready.