5/22/10 - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Run, Princess, Run

Rate this Entry

5/22/10

Posted 05-22-2010 at 04:40 AM by Carolynn

I am horrible at posting! I am also horrible at keeping a running schedule. I've run a couple of times, here and there since the last time I posted. This morning I went out, ran and felt great. I could feel the stress leaving my body with every step. My mind was clear and I really enjoyed myself. I got to see my neighborhood waking up. There were two different people out with golf clubs ready to go hit the links. Another out working on his car and another out for a walk. I did notice that every one of these people were men. It was 6 am and no women anywhere. Where were they? I'm guessing any that are awake at that hour are taking care of children. But what about the others? I've never been a big advocate of women's rights and such. However, lately I've started to take notice. I've really thought about how being a woman has effected me. You might ask, "What started this?" I don't have an answer I just know that the thoughts are swirling in my head. I wanted to be a doctor when I grew up. I wanted to be a part of Doctors without Borders. Did I ever tell anyone of my dream? No. I was sure I'd be laughed at. I never thought it was a possibility for me. I was a girl from a poor rural family. How could I ever become a doctor? Now looking back I am so mad at myself for thinking that way. I wish I could go back to that little girl and tell her that she deserves the very best and that she can have it. She'll just have to work a little harder than all the rest. Of course that's why I'm a teacher. I have the ability to encourage and motivate kids. I have the ability to help them reach for their dreams and to know that anything is possible.
Posted in Uncategorized
Comments 0

« Prev         Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments