Okay.....I think........ - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Hanging In the Primary Wing

Rate this Entry

Okay.....I think........

Posted 08-10-2011 at 03:27 PM by musicbug

I did want a change of pace, since I was displaced anyway, I decided to try a new grade level. A couple of years out of the loop gave me an itchy trigger finger. I took the first position that caught my eye a second grade....
I left home so excited to be teaching again, so I left the house without Sarge, and only had Cosmic Klutz and Super Teacher with me. I figured that we'd make out okay. Sarge hasn't been hanging around much so we'd let her know when we got back. Little did I know that was exactly what ST had in mind.

When I browsed the jobs, I was thinking fourth or maybe third, a little change. I was talking to the powers that be and they suggested a school that had a second and third open. Oh I don't think I can teach second without early childhood cert. I said. They said you've got elementary that's all you need. Okay I said. The excitement to be going back to the classroom was so great it took a walk in the cool parking lot instead of the steamy building before I understood. Me.... Second grade..... me ... second grade... What the.....????

Three hours later.....
Super Teacher( who took command back at the job fair), Sarge and I went to the local teacher store. Mission is ....decor( okay looks like sarge is giving us a hand) 20 minutes and 30 dollars later we have a start of a new room.
I'm not dazed anymore. Super Teacher got her way and Sarge has it all in hand. Whoever adopted Bob the ghost can send him back to us. As for Cosmic Klutz..... let's hope she doesn't trip over the little chairs.
Posted in Uncategorized
Comments 0

« Prev         Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments