Day 3: Listening - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Run, Princess, Run

Rate this Entry

Day 3: Listening

Posted 04-07-2010 at 06:32 PM by Carolynn

You must listen to your body. Run through annoyance but not through pain George Sheehan

Today I had to decide whether to listen to my body or my mind. My mind was telling me I had to run. I've set a goal to run for 30 days so I need to do it. My body though was saying that I needed rest. My legs hurt horribly. So what should I do? I decided to listen to my body and take a day off. I went for a long walk but I didn't run.

Although my body felt relieved my mind certainly didn't. My mind felt heavy. It really made me realize how much the mind controls your body. I should have felt good for walking but I didn't. I couldn't because my mind wouldn't let me. It wouldn't let me find joy in it. It made me think about how the students in my class that have physical needs of hunger, safety, etc. are experiencing this same conflict. Their minds may be saying...go for that goal, reach the stars, but their bodies are looking for other needs. They decide to listen to their bodies. How can I blame them? How can I ask them to choose differently?
Posted in Uncategorized
Comments 0

« Prev         Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments