Dusting off the cobwebs; Hoping to find motivation - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Workshop Wows & Woes

Rate this Entry

Dusting off the cobwebs; Hoping to find motivation

Posted 07-25-2011 at 08:48 AM by nzkiwi

I'm feeling totally unmotivated to begin working on any sort of schoolwork, so instead I find myself this afternoon browsing PT and then remembering my blog. Looking back on it, I of course notice it hasn't been updated in almost a year. I guess it shows how busy last year was! I never did feel like my feet were ever completely under me. I think I successfully avoided crashing, but don't think I ever really achieved flight either.

This coming school year brings another change not quite as big as the last (I am staying at the same school), but one I find myself nonetheless still nervous about. For the first time since I've been teaching with reading & writing workshops, I'll actually be teaching full time language arts. That means 4 classes a day + 25(or likely more) kids each = over 100+ students to somehow attempt to keep track of. I'm excited by the prospect of being able to focus on the one part of teaching that I've really grown to love (and not have to divide my time between different subjects), but at the same time am terrified as to how in the world I'm going to successfully manage this large of a "caseload" of students.

In fact, I think my nerves are making it hard to begin work on this upcoming school year. My dive into planning, I find myself continually avoiding. Of course, some lingering tiredness over last year is still present many of my resources and supplies are still in disarray from the last minute school move last year. That's the job I've been working to find motivation to attack all day.

I start, work a few minutes and then find myself tired out. I take a break. Try to remotivate myself and then go back to work for awhile, until I give out again, and well, the pattern continues to cycle.

Maybe returning to my blog and dusting off the cobwebs will help? I don't yet know, but now a new entry is up, I'm off to try to get some more work done. Lots of stuff to sort!
Posted in Uncategorized
Comments 0

« Prev         Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments