Called to the Office - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Hideeho

Rate this Entry

Called to the Office

Posted 10-02-2010 at 05:57 AM by Hideeho

As a kid, I was never called to the office. Well, once in high school, but that was different .

Breaking the rules just didn't appeal to me. I liked being happy, trying to do good. Being bad had no appeal.

But I have had a principal who has called me to the office. Nerve-wracking, tension-filled hours filled the time prior to my appointment. Parents don't like some things. And at least one peer. I realize now there could be two peers.

The list of my transgressions was shocking:

I had planned to use poetry notebooks
I read aloud
Both of these, there are more, strike to the heart of me. I am a reading fool. I love to read. I teach, giving part of my inner self to my kids. I can do this best, feel most comfortable, doing this--doing literature types of things.

IF I can find poetry or books that have to do with the science and math I'm teaching, then it's o.k. But the message was quite clear. "From a professional, I do not want you to read aloud." That's pretty much it. That's what the boss said

I don't use the SMARTBoard. I don't. Haven't been trained. Have tried. Supposed to meet a friend at school today to try again.

Not enough graded papers coming home. True. Haven't been trained on how to take grades or how to work PB.

Didn't teach science last week. I did.

...and a peer went to the boss about these things. Just absolutely slays me.
Posted in Uncategorized
Comments 0

« Prev         Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments