More on PLCs - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Adventures of 6th

Rate this Entry

More on PLCs

Posted 01-26-2011 at 05:59 AM by imalith

My principal asked me to attend the principals' meeting with the Superintendent to speak about PLCs. They wanted to know how ours worked. Yikes.

The day of the meeting I thought I was coming down with the flu. Fortunately, it was all nerves. I must say, sitting through their meeting was eye opening and nerve wracking all at the same time.

My first thought was that they were so focused on the overall running and coordination of the big picture that most are completely unaware of what we actually do in our classrooms. Most are not aware of the changes to our state mandated assessment. (Yikes).

I expressed that our current reading program is ineffective for teaching the standards from our state because the tests do not resemble our current needs, so we create our own assessments. I also said that we need supplementary material for "functional documents" because that is now part of the test. Functional documents are emails, flyers, announcements, letters. Basically, common writings that we have to read daily. Our Superintendent asked me what a functional document is. Great. Major change to our assessment and he doesn't know.

I presented. Some told me after that it went okay. I was glad it was over. I would never want that job.

My principal announced at the staff meeting that I did this. I'm certain I totally blushed. Many have asked about the meeting, so I just described what I said. I didn't share any of my thoughts or opinions about our administrators. Why beat them down any further?
Posted in Uncategorized
Comments 0

« Prev         Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments