wrapping up RR - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Adventures of 6th

Rate this Entry

wrapping up RR

Posted 03-06-2011 at 06:44 AM by imalith

The research reports are almost completed. I could only get into the computer lab a couple of days last week and a few kids still need to type.

I must admit that the first day in the computer lab I was a bit nervous. The first day all they did was look up pictures and create cover pages. Eventually, they pulled it together and the writing began.

This year I tried something a bit new. Rather than have students work in the library to research other books, compose and type, we went straight into the computer lab. The reason was the library is always booked! It is ridiculous that I couldn't get my students in to do research. The good result was that this is more "real world".

Kids took 2 column notes, some drafted sentences or they just typed. After each section was completed students fill in a paragraph analysis (for revision). Rework their papers and then read with a partner for additional work. Next day is revision in the computer lab and start typing or taking notes for the next section.

Most students love this project. They do the best writing they do all year. While I've already read most kids current drafts of their research reports, I'm curious to see how they did as a whole after they are graded.
Posted in Uncategorized
Comments 0

« Prev         Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments