Comments - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

1. Old Comment

Inspiration!

nzkiwi,

I retired last year, and I too was a Readers and Writers Workshop gal. I too walked that path alone in my school. I found such joy with the kids growing in so many ways. I used literature for mini-lessons to spur the kids on. We had such great conversations. I had taught grades 1-6 throughout my career so I experienced kids on many levels of growth. Keep walking the path...there is no other like it. The Book Whisperer...yes, what amazing things you can learn from the kids.

Do you live in Northern Virginia? Check out Shenandoah University's ( in Winchester) Children's Literature Conference that is held each June. It is fantastic!!! It is inspiring to sit at the feet of authors and hear their stories. You can earn 2-3 grad credits or simply audit the course.

If you ever need a cheerleader, I am here to spur you on. Thank you for being a teacher.
  2. Old Comment

Wonderful Weekends :)

aahhhh....so wish I were you!

I am still at my computer and just finished tweeking my lessons for the coming week. Parent teacher conferences on Friday. I will look forward to next weekend when I will travel to see my new grandson! Enjoy Monday and Tuesday too!
  3. Old Comment

Last night of vacation...

Wow!

This is a very inspirational entry! Good luck with your resolutions! I hope you can follow through and accomplish one, or even all of them! I'm gonna make a resolution list too!