ProTeacher Community - Reply to Topic




Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help


Post Your Reply!

MnToCa's Message:

I believe it will be over zoom or google meets.

But yes I have another interview on Wednesday and still waiting back to hear from a previous interview too.

Members have more posting options! Sign Up Free!
Random Teacher Question
Name:
Type a guest name (or sign up for a free account)
Descriptive Title (Please do type a title):
  
Message:

Additional Options
Not a member? See the great features you're missing
Did you know? ProTeacher is a FREE service

Discussion Review (newest messages first)
MnToCa 04-28-2020 12:09 PM

I still havenít heard anything back from the principal... they were supposed to email me to set up a meeting to meet the team, but I have not heard anything yet. I figured I would give them until the rest of the day tomorrow, but after that I will call them and see whatís going on.

MnToCa 04-28-2020 05:30 AM

Yes, I will continue to interview until I have a formal offer.

It is unfortunate that they made it sound like I was hired... My current supervisor even called me once he was called as a reference and told me it sounds like a good fit for me. So now my current job knows I am looking elsewhere, but I am unable to officially resign yet too...

GreyhoundGirl 04-27-2020 05:50 PM

Well, I would continue with the interviews. I never pass up the chance to practice and, as pp said, this doesn't even sound like an agreement since you haven't even gotten a call from HR. This just sounds like you're moving on to the next step.

Also, I don't ever resign from my current job until I've gone through board at my next job. It's not official until then and you never know what can happen.

Good luck on your interviews and your job search.

Haley23 04-27-2020 04:53 PM

Keep interviewing until you have an official offer, and definitely don't resign yet. If this school is your first choice and you can get an offer from somewhere else before they tell you anything, then you can prod them along by saying they're your first choice, but you have an offer you need to respond to by x date and will accept unless you get an official offer from them.

Around here, signing contracts right away is simply not done so you basically have to go on the assumption that a verbal offer is valid. However, I agree with Grace that this isn't a verbal offer, yet. It does sound likely but I definitely wouldn't do anything until the offer is official.

Last time I was seriously job hunting, I interviewed with a school 3x including a demo and was told the "last step" was meeting the team. The P had basically told me I had the job and this was just a formality. I have no idea what happened on their end but they ended up changing their tune. It took forever to schedule the meeting with the team and then they cancelled on me. When I finally went, I was told 2 of the 3 team members were out that day and I met with one woman who rushed me out the door in 5 minutes. I have no idea if they happened upon their "dream candidate" somehow after me, wanted to move people internally, or what. I thought it was basically a done deal but had kept interviewing anyway- thankfully!

MnToCa 04-27-2020 04:16 PM

I believe it will be over zoom or google meets.

But yes I have another interview on Wednesday and still waiting back to hear from a previous interview too.

GraceKrispy 04-27-2020 01:26 PM

First of all, a cautious CONGRATULATIONS!

But what you've described isn't a verbal agreement, even. It sounds like it's extremely likely, but I would definitely continue to do your searching and not resign officially until you have an offer in hand. You can always cancel a scheduled interview. When will you meet the team? Will it be over zoom or would you have to wait until you are allowed to meet in person? I would probably let the school know you have other districts asking for interviews but that you are really wanting to work with them (or something like that).

MnToCa 04-27-2020 12:35 PM

Long story short...

I was told that I am 99% chance HoF getting this job I applied and interviewed for. They just want me to meet the team first.

It stinks since I also want to send in my resignation letter to my current district.

On top of that, I have other districts still wanting me to interview with them, so I am unsure what to do about those.

What are your thoughts?




Sign Up Now

Sign Up FREE | ProTeacher Help | BusyBoard

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:49 PM.

Copyright © 2019 ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net