ProTeacher Community - Reply to Topic

Home Join Now Search My Favorites

Post Your Reply!

kahluablast's Message:

I think you made a good choice. Now, go knock that interview out of the park!

Members have more posting options! Sign Up Free!
Random Teacher Question
Type a guest name (or sign up for a free account)
Descriptive Title (Please do type a title):

Additional Options
Not a member? See the great features you're missing
Did you know? ProTeacher is a FREE service

Discussion Review (newest messages first)
sterlingsun 05-29-2020 05:11 PM

Thank you for your reply! I really hope it doesn't come down to the first round school. I wonder if other applicants bailed today and they need to fill the position, so that's why P pulled a 180. Definitely need to watch out. Both interviews are for Tuesday. The second round is before the first, so I will know how much effort to put in.

Thanks for remembering my other post! That position is actually at a different school in the same district as the first round interview. Unfortunately P called and cancelled the interview. The district from what I understand is trying to finalize the budget, so they need to hold off on hiring of certain positions right now. I know since I'm SPED that many of those positions cannot be eliminated, but the cancelled interview was for a learning support position.

GraceKrispy 05-29-2020 02:00 PM

Congratulations again on making it to the second round!

I'm glad you still get the interview with the other school, but I really hope it's not needed! Interesting that they contacted you again. Maybe just having a really bad morning, but still seems like a red flag.

I also see your response to me in your other post... and I'm really not entirely sure what might be asked. I might expect them to go more in depth on asking you some curriculum or practice questions, but it really depends on what they asked the first time around.

sterlingsun 05-29-2020 08:28 AM

Thank you for the replies! The P from the first round school actually just called me and apologized for their response this morning. They found another time for me to interview. I accepted, but I will hopefully just use the interview as practice. Now going to focus my energy on my second interview!

cruxian 05-29-2020 07:58 AM

I think you made the right decision. The reaction was truly revealing. I had a similar situation last year....a principal reached out to schedule an interview when I had another one schedule. I asked if there was another time available and got no response. Sent a second email the next day and got nothing.
I figured that was indicative of either the way he ran the school or the fact that he wasn't very serious about interviewing me.

kahluablast 05-29-2020 07:08 AM

I think you made a good choice. Now, go knock that interview out of the park!

sterlingsun 05-29-2020 06:31 AM

I had a great interview with a highly sought after school district. They offered me a second interview a couple of hours later. Unfortunately, the interview time overlapped with a first round interview I had at another school district. I politely inquired with the first round school if there was any way I could reschedule and said I understood if not. I got a very nasty reply from the P of that school who said it was that time or nothing. I promptly thanked them for their time and the opportunity.

Hopefully I've made the right decision. If the first round school would have said no in a more polite way I would have been willing to ask the second round school if they could be flexible. I may have been burned a bridge, but I think I also dodged a bullet!

Sign Up Now

Sign Up FREE | ProTeacher Help | BusyBoard

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:35 AM.

Copyright © 2019 ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.