ProTeacher Community - Reply to Topic

Home Join Now Search My Favorites

Post Your Reply!

lisa53's Message:

I would guess you could find all that information online on your state education website.

Members have more posting options! Sign Up Free!
Random Teacher Question
Type a guest name (or sign up for a free account)
Descriptive Title (Please do type a title):

Additional Options
Not a member? See the great features you're missing
Did you know? ProTeacher is a FREE service

Discussion Review (newest messages first)
MathGuy1982 09-08-2018 08:20 PM

I was like you, did everything but the student teaching. Your best bet is to call your state education office, which unfortunately sometimes takes a while. I wish it could be faster for them to respond.

Teacherbee_4 07-21-2018 09:51 AM

I would highly suggest you e-mail the state department of education. They should have contact information for a licensing person on their site. It will probably take awhile to get back to you, I think my state has a 2 week window for them to respond, so it takes sometime, but then you have your answer.

Did you graduate college from the state where you currently live? If so, I would contact someone from your university, perhaps a professor you had a close relationship with, the student teacher/field experience coordinator, the chair, or the dean. They should be able to help you.

As you wait, depending on the rules in your state, you might be able to get a job subbing or as an aid. That might help you get your feet wet a little without having your own classroom just yet. It might also give you more verification if this career is for you or not.

lisa53 07-06-2018 02:04 PM

I would guess you could find all that information online on your state education website.

missLlama 07-05-2018 08:02 AM

I graduated from college with a Bachelors of science in Elementary education with a concentration in Mathematics. At that point I choose not to teach due to some situations that happened during my final year. I let them get to me instead of pushing forward. That said I've been praying latley to step back into what I studied for; however, I am lost on what to do.

I know I need to complete the praxis exams required but I'm not sure at this point which ones I need for KY. As well what I need to do to get certtified in my state.

Can anyone help guide me in the direction I need? Please and thank you!

Sign Up Now

Sign Up FREE | ProTeacher Help | BusyBoard

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:23 AM.

Copyright © 2019 ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.