ProTeacher Community

ProTeacher Community (http://www.proteacher.net/discussions/index.php)
-   TEACHERS' LOUNGE ARCHIVE (http://www.proteacher.net/discussions/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   Well my DS did it!!! (http://www.proteacher.net/discussions/showthread.php?t=356898)

ZMAN 08-09-2011 12:10 PM

Well my DS did it!!!

Now that he is an "Adult" just turned 18, he thought he'd make an adult decision. He went out and got a tatoo. He's always talked about it, but I didn't think he'd do it. Especially after his mother and I frownd on it. It's a Breast Cancer Awareness Ribbon with his Grandma and aunts initials on it (both are survivors of Breast Cancer). What kind of really freaks me out is that my DW has to go in tomorrow and have something removed from one of her breast to have it checked out! Just hope it's not a bad omin.

amherstteach 08-09-2011 12:14 PM

I have five tattoos. My parents were less than thrilled, but in their eyes I could have been doing a lot worse! I want to get more I just don't know what I want. I think I finally talked my mom into getting one...it only took me 13 years after my first one to do so!

I think his tattoo is sweet! He could have gotten something silly that he would regret...at least he got something that is meaningful and not some stupid Tasmanian Devil or something.

I hope his mother's appointment goes well! Good thoughts heading your way!!!

Catdog12 08-09-2011 12:19 PM

At least you

saw it and it's a tribute to loved ones. My ds was napping on the couch one afternoon when home from college. The sleeve was up a little from his t-shirt and I saw the edge of a tattoo. I wasn't happy about what I saw and woke him up. This is what he said about it: "I never said I made good decisions" I was shocked. I just left the room. He was worried about my feelings but we didn't speak of it again. He has since had a bigger one put over it and a bigger one on the other arm. I was very surprised when I found out.

funsized 08-09-2011 12:20 PM

Wow!

I think his tattoo is sweet. It shows that he showed how much he loves them. I commend him for it. Its just so young to have a tattoo. I hope he never regrets.

busybee4 08-09-2011 12:29 PM

Zman

You raised a kind hearted man. He had so many tatoo possibilities he choose that one.<!--lovestruck-->

Your wife is in my prayers today, I have been in her shoes and it was scary.

postteacher 08-09-2011 12:48 PM

Wow!

It's a touching tribute. I am a 24 year survivor. My prayers are with your DW and you.

peggy27 08-09-2011 12:56 PM

My DS called from the tatoo place and told me he was getting one. He now has 2, at least they are on his side and stomach so you only see them if he's shirtless.
I think your son's was a sweet gesture.
Hope all goes well for your DW

ladykeke20 08-09-2011 01:05 PM

At least it is of great significance!

MrsPreschool 08-09-2011 06:01 PM

something must be in the air

ZMAN...2 weeks ago my DS did the same thing. The only difference is that DS and I went together. He got a breast cancer ribbon as a tribute to his auntie and I got the word HOPE as a tribute to her as well.

IMO...you raised a fine young man! Continue the good work!:)

tammynj 08-09-2011 07:20 PM

There could definitely be worse things he could be doing! I agree, the sentiment behind his choice of tattoo art is sweet.

My DS (16) has been on a tattoo kick lately. (Meaning, he has been trying to talk me into letting him get a tattoo) I won't be surprised if he goes to get one when he is 18.

Prayers going out for good results for your wife tomorrow.

libragirl 08-10-2011 05:59 AM

Of all the tattoos that he could have chosen from, he sure picked out a meaningful one. I think it was a wonderful thing! My mom just passed away from breast cancer and I have been thinking of doing the same thing. I'm waiting on my decision though because I never thought of myself as someone that would get a tattoo.