ProTeacher Community

ProTeacher Community (http://www.proteacher.net/discussions/index.php)
-   Intervention & Title I Services (http://www.proteacher.net/discussions/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Progress Report (http://www.proteacher.net/discussions/showthread.php?t=57807)

soycandle 09-18-2007 04:21 PM

Progress Report

I want to send home a progress report once a month, but am struggling to decide what it should look like. Does anyone else send progress reports home and if so could you share yours with me?

I'm thinking about things like focus, effort, and then individual skills for each of the different grades I teach (K, 1, 2) such as progress learning letters, recognizing letters, letter sounds for kindergarten, for first grade CVC words, Dolch word list progress, and 2nd grade progress with fluency and comprehension. Am I making this too complicated? How can I make it simple?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Lynn

MrsM 09-19-2007 02:24 AM

Ideas for simplicity

I think you may be tempted to explain every item on the progress report, and that would make it too complicated and time-consuming. The headings look very appropriate for the grade levels, and maybe you can keep it simple with a blanket explanation on all of them as to how you are assessing their child and what it means. Decide on a simple way to present the information, such a checklist, number indicating progress, bar graph, etc. Then provide a suggested home activity, for those that may ask how they can help. Also, a reminder that you are available for conferences if they'd like to call. At first I thought a monthly report was ambitious, but if you keep it simple it doesn't have to be time-consuming. Sounds like a great idea!

TeacherKari 09-23-2007 06:46 PM

Progress Report

My mentor, who is also my Title I colleague, and I decided to do a 2 week progress report to parents. It's just a 1/2 sheet of paper that allows for us to fill in areas of growth in regards to goals and it also has a section for us to circle 1-4 regarding focus, effort, follows directions--those type of things. She is going to try to keep hers on a cycle, so that she isn't filling out 40 reports every two weeks. She is planning to do some every day or so. I only have 1/2 that to worry about, so I will probably do mine on an alternating schedule. Ours is just generic and it's for 1st-6th, so just customize it with what you write. I think parents are just happy to have some idea as to what is going on in the classroom.
Keep posting!! :)

readingdiva 11-09-2007 04:56 AM

Quarterly Progress Reports

We are working on re-doing the quarterly progress report for our Title I reading students. I service students in grades 2 and 3. Does anyone have a sample progress report that they could e-mail me? My e-mail is marattok@lincolnps.org. I would really appreciate it.
Thanks!

PMKPBRAM 06-28-2008 05:39 AM

Sample quarterly reports

Hello,

If you have a sample of a quarterly report I would most appreciate seeing a copy. I also do quarterly reports which are a brief summary of what we have covered and what has has been emphasized, and a statement of progress. My email is penneyparmet@hotmail.com

Thank you.

Cougar Teache 01-15-2009 12:26 PM

Progress Reports

Did you receive any samples? I am in the same boat here. I need to try to come up with some kind of report to send home with our kiddos' report cards. I would love to see any samples.