ProTeacher Community

ProTeacher Community (http://www.proteacher.net/discussions/index.php)
-   Teachers' Lounge (http://www.proteacher.net/discussions/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   And so it begins again (http://www.proteacher.net/discussions/showthread.php?t=608029)

GreyhoundGirl 08-19-2018 11:52 AM

And so it begins again

My usual Sunday routine of I have so much to do and so little desire to any of it.

So far Ive knocked out:
-some school stuff (very little). I really need to get into my building and cant
-made breakfast for the week

Still on my list:
-clean my disgusting house
-finish laundry

I hope others have been more productive

teacherwriter 08-19-2018 11:58 AM

Yeah, I'm with you

I did a little cleaning, and I just ran to Lakeshore for some bulletin board borders. Now I'm talking myself into going to pool instead of working on plans and the school web site... :rolleyes:

PEPteach 08-19-2018 12:22 PM

Yes, I need a new weekend routine because I'm not enjoying any of my Sundays. If I'm not working, I'm feeling guilty and overwhelmed by it.

grav_def 08-19-2018 12:41 PM

Ugh, I'm right there with you! I'm sitting around freaking out about how much I have to do, instead of doing any of it. :rolleyes:

I also need to figure out a better way to do Sundays, because they always make me stressed and miserable and that's no way to spend half my days off.

tia 08-19-2018 01:14 PM

oh you mean rushing to get the stuff done that you should have done the last several weeks instead of the night before the first day of school? <!--giggle-->

yep, i feel your pain!

one way i relax on sundays is: my favorite show is on at 7:00 (Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead)....that helps me look forward to Sunday night instead of dread.

today i am:

*trying a new recipe (cuz why not the night before school starts?--i'm NOT a great cook..)
*separating book orders to get read for the 2nd week
*tackling 2 house projects (really???):rolleyes:
*stuffing Monday Folders
*looking at the week to "plan"--all teambuilders and assessments and routine practice, so nothing too taxing...
*planning my first week (or 2) of outfits
*set up my (new, never used, only tried someone else's twice) slackline and play with it if i'm planning on using it for teambuilding next week...

seeing as it's 3:00, i'd better get going! (quinoa is currently on stove so it's already prepped for tonight's dinner--never cooked quinoa before....)

Haley23 08-19-2018 01:19 PM

I've decided this is one of those weeks where I need to enjoy a lazy Sunday and do cleaning and grocery shopping later in the week ;). I ran my dishwasher and did my clothes laundry. I wash everything together on cold and put everything in the dryer, so laundry isn't a huge chore for me. Usually I can wash about a week's worth of clothes in two loads. I also picked up a bit of clutter so my apartment doesn't look too horrible. I think I'm done for the day!

jjwires 08-19-2018 01:29 PM

My advice is to relax & love on Molly & Mason.

MissTrace 08-19-2018 04:16 PM

Luckily I planned ahead and booked a 90 minute massage for this afternoon.

Other than that I've been running around trying to finish picking up, doing laundry, figuring out what goes to school with me tomorrow, and prepping meals for the week.

I tried Instacart today for groceries and I'm pretty happy with that. I just couldn't get myself up to go to the store, and I now have dinner in the crock pot.

I think I'm going to prep breakfast sandwiches for the week, pack up my car, shower, and then spend the evening with my crochet, pup, and Netflix. DH says we're taking the dog for a long walk...we'll see. The couch is looking so nice!

Ima Teacher 08-19-2018 04:57 PM

I graded two sets of papers, fought with the online grade book, and whined about being tired. DH goes back tomorrow. He has joined me in whining.