ProTeacher Community

ProTeacher Community (http://www.proteacher.net/discussions/index.php)
-   First Grade (http://www.proteacher.net/discussions/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Classroom Management Worst. Day. Ever. (http://www.proteacher.net/discussions/showthread.php?t=613028)

Munchkins 12-11-2018 03:34 PM

Worst. Day. Ever.

:(My class is always challenging, but today their collective behaviors were terrible. They included:

Butt smacking (each other, not me)

Tying shoelaces together (two girls to each other, because a boy told them to.)

Uproar over the introduction of the staple remover (what was I thinking!?!)

Loud math centers because the ESL students who get replacement didn't have a substitute so I tried to have them join our center rotations,

A group of students trying to get classmates to kiss other classmates.

A student jabbed another student in the head with a pencil. (Parents were contacted.)

I read them the riot act. Tomorrow I will begin with review of behavior expectations and that phone calls will be made for any repeat offenders or anyone who lays a hand on anyone else.

Ho, ho, freakin ho. I think I'm getting too old for this.<!--grumpy-->

I really just wanted my mom.

krazykaye 12-11-2018 04:49 PM

This sounds like my class this year. There are so many days this year in which I just want to cry. I havenít had a class this tough since the 90ís I feel your pain. Hang in there, Christmas break is in sight!

noonespecial 12-11-2018 05:11 PM

Oh, Munchkins...I am so sorry you are dealing with so much.

You are always such a ray of sunshine on PT! You bring joy and remind us to be grateful.

Hopefully, your students will make a miraculous turnaround tomorrow and stay that way until Christmas break (and the rest of the year).

I made the same comment today, “I think I’m too old for this”. It’s a crazy time of year, but you’ll make it through. I have faith.

I understand that you’re missing your mom and days like this just magnify the loss. I am so sorry.

Sending you prayers for comfort and peace.

Athena17 12-11-2018 08:52 PM

You are not alone! I had a student today who kept saying, "Illuminati," all period. That's all he said! Must be something in the air. Your comment about the buttsmacking...lol!

Munchkins 12-12-2018 01:38 PM

Thanks!

Your replies saved my sanity yesterday!

I had a talk with the class and explained the behaviors which were unsafe/disruptive yesterday, and told them there were no more warnings before parental contact. I had to contact 2 parents due to shoving, but the class was so much better. The parents are responsive, and very supportive. Hopefully we will all survive the next 7 school days!

Thanks again!<!--snowmancookie-->

Smurfyteach 12-25-2018 04:07 AM

Common theme - my prediction

That these are mostly behaviors from your boys.
Extremely disrespectful and inconsiderate. I sympathize.
Poor rest of the class. These boys anyagonis8ng etc are getting all the attention and it is so wrong.
Go girls ed!! ✅

kahluablast 12-25-2018 07:58 AM

Doing bus duty the other day and I see a young lady smacking the after school care guy on the butt. While reprimanding her, she told me school was over so she could do that. Wow, did I see red! I donít think she will do it again. LOL