ProTeacher Community

ProTeacher Community (http://www.proteacher.net/discussions/index.php)
-   TEACHERS' LOUNGE ARCHIVE (http://www.proteacher.net/discussions/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   Waiting for the call! (http://www.proteacher.net/discussions/showthread.php?t=308444)

SeaGlass 01-11-2011 05:00 PM

Waiting for the call!

I am waiting for the Honeywell Alert telling me NO SCHOOL tomorrow! We all know its coming.......wish they would call it off tonight tho so that I could sleep in tomorrow morning. I know that I will be awake 1/2 the night in anticipation of the call.:D

tammynj 01-11-2011 05:07 PM

Me, too! Come on, Honeywell. Buzz me, baby!!

I will be ticked if my school waits until the morning to call it!

My town (and my son's district) called it at like 5:30 today.

Ria 01-11-2011 05:09 PM

Called for 2 hour delay a little bit ago

Could change tomorrow morning to canceled. That is what happened today. That's okay with me. Just knowing tonight that it will at least be late is nice.

pinkshopper 01-11-2011 05:11 PM

my school cancelled before we even left the building today:):)

School Time 01-11-2011 05:13 PM

6:05 pm

Our reverse 911 call came 6:05 tonight. I never sleep well waiting for the call. My daughter might still have to go to work so I would have to go help her shovel.

Tiki 01-11-2011 05:34 PM

Guess I'm waiting too

I've been trying to pretend that messy weather is not on the way, but everyone is talking about it so I'll just admit that I'm waiting for a call too.

tammynj 01-11-2011 05:37 PM

Yes! I got the call. Oh, Honeywell, how I <!--lovestruck--> you!

kiwilemon 01-11-2011 05:53 PM

You are soo lucky Tammy! My school never calls it the night before. I will be awake half the night hoping for a call!!

teach8060 01-11-2011 06:11 PM

Same here

Waiting for Honeywell, too. Unfortunately, we are right at the shore and it looks like it's just raining right now. I hope Honeywell thinks of the teachers who have to travel in from other areas;)! Too bad for me that I can see the school from my house. (DD is in First grade and refused to wear her pj's inside out, or to flush ice cubes down the toilet - she WANTS to go to school tomorrow!)

catgirl79 01-11-2011 06:17 PM

I got the tex!

I just got the text message that my school is closed tomorrow! Thank goodness since the students were crazy today- talkative and wound up!

tmkteacher 01-11-2011 06:28 PM

We've been out the last two days for snow. We just got the call for tomorrow, because of temps. I love the occasional snow day, but I really hate making the days up at the end of the year. Plus, we were supposed to go on a field trip tomorrow. :(

luv2chat 01-11-2011 06:28 PM

We never find out until the morning. Then I get a call around 6 am and it sucks being woken up. It wouldn't be so bad if I could go straight back to sleep but I have to get up and phone 3 people on staff to let them know. I wish we had an automated phone system! It would be nice if they called it off the night before but they never have.

So far we have an inch on the ground and it's only 6:30 so fingers are crossed here too.

Teacher Lady 01-11-2011 06:32 PM

I never get the call...rely on state website, and we are NOT there. But friends on FB got the call, and it's on local tv station website. This is #8! (Last one we will make up)

Jalon 01-11-2011 07:20 PM

got our call

Ours was called off because of bitter cold, possible refreezing, and probably the fact we were only going to be in half a day. It was funny because a lot of us were on FB chatting when we got the call, so our status updates were flying afterward.:)