ProTeacher Community

ProTeacher Community (http://www.proteacher.net/discussions/index.php)
-   Substitute Teachers (http://www.proteacher.net/discussions/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Rejection Letter-feeling very depressed (http://www.proteacher.net/discussions/showthread.php?t=463061)

dreamin2teach 06-28-2013 03:26 PM

Rejection Letter-feeling very depressed

Today the dreaded letter came for me. I had a bad feeling as soon as I saw it. There were 2 jobs ED Interventionists & I didn't even get to go forward to interview process. I think the only reason I got the letter is due to me sending a thank-you note for reviewing my resume & cover letter because I also left a verbal message. I'm still gonna apply for more jobs but it's very disheartening. Last sub paycheck came today. Hubby is taking me out to dinner. I guess to cheer me up. I'm so tired of just subbing & not using my degree. Etc. <!--grumpy-->:(<!--graycat--> Even one of cats is trying to cheer me up. Life goes on. Surgery on the 5th for my torn ligament on my knee.

123rabbit 06-29-2013 09:07 PM

positive thoughts

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Sending positive thoughts for a job this fall. <!--graycat--><!--dog--><!--graycat--><!--graycat-->

NJSubteacher 06-29-2013 09:25 PM

I have been subbing for 7 years and still cant get a full-time job. I basically already gave up. Next year will be my 8th year. Don't be discouraged, I found that it's all about dirty politics and not even worth it anymore.

dreamin2teach 07-04-2013 05:56 AM

I Had an Interview Wednesday!!!!!!!

Happy 4th of July everyone & I really appreciate the replies! Tues. afternoon I received I hurried call for an interview, asking me if I was still interested in an Intervention position I applied for a year ago! I remembered & they didn't say that! I had pre-op stuff scheduled the same day as interview. Very, very busy day. Job is for middle school & it's 38 minutes away. They are to make a decision very soon. I am praying and so is my husband. I will say that it's good they took my resume off the Educational Service District's site from last year! And yes, I know, as I've been seeing & hearing more & more, teaching is very political.
Surgery is Friday & we have a stray, male, very young tiger kitten that appeared in our yard a few days ago-very little & has an eye infection & quite bony.We are keeping him separate from our 2 Siamese (& 1 white cat) in our bathroom w/water, food & litter boxes. We gave him food & a flea pill. I gave him a warm bath w/just water, too & he was so good. I dried him off really well & tried to blow-dry him but it was too loud for him; he was scared; so no go w/that. Also, he's motherless, it seems. He is going to get shots early next week. We are trying to take care of him the best & most economical way we can.( I just got my last subbing check & will be down for 6 weeks or ? after this stupid knee surgery.) This will make 5 after we get our new Siamese! Our lives are never boring! LOLMy hubby needs to put a fence up. We do have severe cat problems where we live. Shelter only takes dogs. Outraged! Another organization helps w/cats. She has 50 kittens ahead of this one. No spay & neuter program; either now! Downright shame! It's very sad. Ours are all spayed. One shares a home w/someone else & the others stay inside.<!--graycat--><!--US Flag-->

Teach1st2011 07-05-2013 11:25 AM

That's great news! Good luck on the interview!!

dreamin2teach 07-11-2013 07:52 AM

3 rejections now in 2 letters

A lot is going on this summer. I did get an interview on the 3rd, but by the 6th, I got another rejection letter. I'm going to keep trying. Maybe I need to bone up more on things, I don't know. I do know I had surgery pre-op the same day as the interview out of state & I was just getting over part of that Roto Virus.Really think this (interview) was bad timing but I couldn't ask for it to be re-scheduled. I'm really disappointed,to say the least. :( Trying not to dwell on it.
My knee scope surgery was fine; I 'm ambulatory; I just now am allergic to yet another paid med as I became very ill Saturday from it. Last summer, I was able to take it.
On another note, we are taking care of a stray kitten that hid in our yard, early last week. He's in our bathroom & we really couldn't afford to spend money on him but we couldn't turn our back on him. He has an URI, plus Conjunctivitis. We got him 2 meds, had someone give him his 1st shots, & had him wormed & gave him a flea pill.The vet said he was 8 weeks old, at least; but he looks 6. He was bony. I gave him a warm bath once. He was so dirty. We've had 3 calls about him but no one does more than ask. Huge cat population problem here!:( He has kitten chow, water, toys, and 2 litter boxes and clean, towels laid down for him to sleep on. He's being kept away from our other cats. <!--graycat--> We were to get another cat soon. This one will make us 4 & then 5. No more!:D<!--giggle--> I told my husband to put up a fence in the backyard. But we do love cats. All are spayed & one shares a home w/someone else (& is indoor/outdoor) but our others stay inside.