ProTeacher Community

ProTeacher Community (
-   Special Education (
-   -   Other License (

zoe417 03-03-2019 11:17 AM

Hello-I am a special education teacher in Massachusetts and am wondering if anyone has any information regarding my situation. My license is going to expire in a week, and I went online to extend it. However one requirement is that you have to have taught under the license (initial) for 5 years and I held the license for a year as a para, being unable to find a job. Does anyone know if I would be eligible for a waiver?

GraceKrispy 03-03-2019 11:56 AM

I would definitely call the state licensing department and ask. In some states, you can easily extend it and in others it becomes provisional until you get that experience. I would definitely call to get the best information! Good luck!

dee 03-03-2019 12:22 PM

I'm in MA
I think you can just extend it on ELAR for another 5 years.
They've changed licensing requirements seemingly every other year.
If you can't navigate ELAR, call DESE (probably Tuesday with this storm coming)

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:58 PM.

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.