ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Fairy Tale theme
View Single Post

QW

F.t.
Old 08-20-2006, 06:22 PM

I made a mural of a castle and had kids make things found in fairy tales out of cut out paper, etc, such as dragons, witches, queens, knights, etc. to go on them. When we did writing workshop, each kid had a magic wand (a brand new pencil with a gold die-cut star taped to the top). They liked that. We had names, such as Prince Austin or Princess Lily and I was the Queen and we addressed each other like that during the unit. I even went to Burger King and got crowns and sometimes we would wear them when we were working on the unit. 3/4 probably wouldn't like to wear them outside of the classroom. I used a lot of purple and gold in my decorations. In social studies, we learned about castles and the medeival period. We read Knight at Dawn in the Magic Tree House series. I made a 3-D cake that looks like a castle for the culmination of our unit. I could try to give you directions if you need them. Use simple props and act out fairy tales. Do magic spells to figure out math problems. It's a lot of fun. Maybe I'll have to try it again this year. Good luck!
QW is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net