ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Need help!!!
Thread: Need help!!!
View Single Post

REB

Old 08-22-2010, 07:28 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I was thinking it might be good if you check into a few things:

Music Games for the Music Classroom - I bought level 1 and 2 of this book for great music games.

And, check out musick8.com. They have a free idea bank of teaching ideas, game ideas, lesson ideas, etc. In elementary teaching music for each holiday used to be a big deal when I taught the K-3 crowd.
They do sell a book, I think it was about $30, if I remember right about Music Through the Seasons. I'm not sure of the exact title of it, as I left it at the K-3 school when I left there, as it was a school purchase.
You may want to go ahead and also ask if you're going to be responsible for any type of Veteran's Day program, or Winter program, President's Day, etc., so that way you can get started planning what grade is going to do what.

If you find that you do need to get some things together for a Veteran's Day (or President's Day) program, I can tell you what I did with 1st grade one year that was a huge hit!
Also, find out what grades you would have to involve. Some schools do a rotational pattern, and have like 1st grade does Veteran's, all grades do Winter, 2nd grade does President's day...etc.
And, if programs aren't a requirement...still check out that idea bank, in any case...it's been very helpful for me.
I've taught music to ages Kindergarten through 8th grade now, and I still find neat things to use from there.
Hope this helps...you can always pm me, if you need some program ideas, once you find out.
REB

REB is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net