ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - End of the Year Letter
View Single Post

brigita

Old 05-15-2007, 08:55 PM

Here is a letter that I have used:

Dear Parents,

Well, this is it! Here we are at the last day and a half of school for your kindergartner! It seems like just yesterday when you were dropping them off for the first time!

Over the summer vacation, I strongly encourage you to read to your child every day, practice handwriting in both upper and lower case, and practice countingóboth orally and in writing, and to review the sight words that we have been working on all year.Doing one or two of these activities each day over the summer vacation will help to keep your childís skills sharp.

The Wilmington Library will have its Summer Reading Program. Itís a great way to keep your child reading. Also, try to visit museums and zoos, too. They can be lots of fun and you get to sneak in some learning too! Summer vacation is too long of a time to go without any study time! (Statistics show that children who do not study at all over the summer vacation, can lose about 80% of what they have learned over the course of the school year!) Please do not let that happen to your child.

Thank you for being such good parents to your children! It has been a pleasure working with you and I have enjoyed teaching each and every one of your children! May God bless and watch over you and your children this summer and always.

Sincerely,
brigita is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net