ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Race Car Theme
Thread: Race Car Theme
View Single Post

Deborah Saenz

Disney Cars
Old 06-14-2007, 07:13 PM

I wrote this for a different post:
I am doing a race theme for the coming year. I ordered some plastic checkered flags. I put the students' pictures on yellow stars with their names. I stapled the stars on the checkered flags. My title is "On your mark, get set, GO!!!" At the bottom I put "Victory..." I bought a Disney Cars jumbo coloring book at Walmart. I colored and cut out the different characters. (My niece was impressed that I used the right colors.) They are spread out on the board. On PT I found a site: ACME dot com/License Maker and printed out CA license plates that say "Second Grade #1." They look like real plates. They are on my board. I also put the character cut outs, checkered flags, and a license plate on my calendar. For my rules I have, "Driven to Succeed..." and "RACE-Respect, Attitude, Cooperate, Encourage." (Also found on PT.) On my door I will have license plates that say, "Welcome to Second". I will also put up the Disney Cars characters. I bought wall stickers at Home Depot. I will put up the checkered flags. At Walmart they have cute Disney Cars fabric. I plan on using it to cover a table in my reading area. My job chart will say, "On the Job Track". Another PT idea. I will put the wall stickers around the room. I also ordered street signs that say different things about reading.
Other PT ideas for the theme:

Rev up your engines for Second Grade
Driven to read, driven to succeed
Full Speed Ahead for a Year of Learning Fun
We're Right on Track for Second Grade
Welcome to Mrs. ____________'s Motor Speedway
On the 'Write' Track
The Winner's Circle

I am having fun with this theme!
Deborah Saenz is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net