ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Question about students using the bathroom
View Single Post

stephanie

Bathroom Breaks
Old 06-30-2007, 07:29 AM

I am one of those teachers that has a classroom economy and use it for bathroom breaks. We also have had numerous problems in our bathrooms and we are not allowed to send more than 1 girl and 1 boy for a break at a time unless we are going as a class. We take 3 bathroom breaks a day as a class and the students are allowed to go to the bathroom before the first bell rings as the bathrooms are monitored in the AM. If they need to go to the bathroom at other times, they may pay $1 and go - they do not need to ask - just go. They get plenty of $ to be able to go pretty much as often as they need to. I also tell them that if they are having an issue where they need to go a lot, they can talk to me and we will forgo their payments for that day. I have not had any complaints from parents or administrators about the way that I handle bathroom breaks, and have only had 1 student in 3 years that consistently ran out of $ - I let him go anyway.
stephanie is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net