ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Calendar
Thread: Calendar
View Single Post

Socks

More Pictures
Old 06-30-2007, 06:42 PM

The first picture is the Coin Counter. Everyday we add a penny to the penny bag. Then on day five we exchange the five pennies for a nickel, day 10 we exchange five pennies for a nickel and then two nickels for a dime, and so on.

The Shopping Problem (gets introduced either in November/December or January) is the second picture. I post a picture of an object and the students need to decide whether or not there is enough money in the coin counter to buy the object. If there is, they need to choose which coins to use to buy the object, then figure out how much change they would get if they used those coins. Later on, (February) when there is more money in the coin counter, I will have two objects, then the students must add the objects together, decide whether or not there is enough money in the coin counter, then choose the coins to use and figure out the change.

The third picture is the Everyday Clock. It serves different purposes in different months. In January, you start the clock at midnight. The students need to tell you whether it is day or night, then they need to tell you what they are doing at that time on an average day. You move the clock by the hour each day.

Next is the Temperature Graph. Everyday in January we figure out the temperature outside and graph it (it was very mild this January!).

On the Thermometer, we show what today's temperature is. I had a big thermometer that I found at a dollar store that I had tied to the window. I would put it outside when we began calendar time, by the time we got to this part, it was showing the accurate temperature.

I hope this helps you out some. If you have any more questions, please ask!!
Attachment

Sign in to view attachment. Not a member? Sign Up FREE

Socks is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net