ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - one more wizard of oz BB help!
View Single Post

laurathy

oz room
Old 07-03-2007, 06:43 PM

I've done a Wizard of Oz theme in my room for the past two years. The kids love it! Many of my bulletin boards have very similar titles to the ones you posted (love those archives). I used fabric for each board that coordinates with the character (gingham for Dorothy, silver for tinman, etc.) I also love the idea of the horse of a different color that someone mentioned. I think I might have to use that.

I am not sure if this would work for your hallway BB, but I had "Follow the Yellow Brick Road to Room 5" on my door. I printed photos of each of the kids and had them walking down the road.

Some other ways I have incorporated Oz in my room (in case you are looking for more ideas):
-My schedule pocket chart has a heading of "That's how we'll spend our day today in the merry old land of Oz."
-I have a stuffed dog that looks like Toto for our class mascot. My class last year loved him! Indoor recess was regularly devoted to making construction paper clothes for him and playing with him.
-Next year I am going to finally do a Flat Stanley project (have been meaning to for awhile now). I'm planning on making a board with a map that says "Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore."
-My behavior chart is a rainbow.

Good luck with your Oz room. Have fun!
laurathy is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net