ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Smartboards
Thread: Smartboards
View Single Post

tia

SMARTBoards
Old 02-13-2006, 07:15 PM

our entire school had them purchased for us (along with laptops and projectors) last year because we bought into a curriculum that had many on-line components.

i make a lot of "dragging" activities--where you type individual words (otherwise you can't drag them around!) like for compound words--i listed one half: watch, light, police...and on the other side listed the other half: dog, house, man...but not in order, and the students had a copy at their seats and one at a time, they took turns going up to the SMARTBoard to drag one word over. caution: make sure to "LOCK" any images you don't want to move!

i use a lot of online games--like quizzes from Quia.com and other places--i've just found them by typing in "syllable game" or "adjective game" or what have you.

we watch a lot of BrainPop videos (need to buy membership, but SOOOO worth it! my school had a membership last year, and our entire district purchased one for this year)

here is SMARTTech's website where you can go in and find SMARTBoard lessons others have created---if you are in the US, you'll want to click on United States.

http://education.smarttech.com/ste/e...on+Activities/

i have daily jobs for all my students--and they stay the same all year (I love it, and so do they--no trying to remember who was supposed to do what or what the job entails); one student's job is to orient the board every morning. necessary, especially when i unhook my laptop from it--it always goes berserk when plugged back in.
tia is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net