ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Sports Theme Ideas -- I have pictures :)
View Single Post

NIUTeach

Sports Theme Ideas -- I have pictures :)
Old 07-15-2007, 08:16 PM

Well, I am one of the many who is doing a sports theme this year. I went to a scrapbooking store this weekend and punched out a whole bunch of titles (I am too impatient to wait for the school's workroom to open and I know it's going to be super-busy the week before school starts).

So here are my pictures and explanations of what I am doing with each. Hopefully this can help other people out. Let me know if you think I should add anything or tweak something!

We are Bowled Over By Math Facts - This will be a semi-perm. BB where the students will be keeping track of their timed-tests for Math. They will be building a bowling lane as they master their facts (first for addition and then subtraction). For 1's they will get a lane, then bowling pins 2-10 and the bowling ball for 11's.

Reading Dugout - This is the name of the classroom library. I added red stitching to the words to make them look like baseballs. I will add this to a green poster board, cut it, and hang it from the classroom library area.

Our Second Grade Goals - The first day (maybe second, because it's a half day for the first) of school, I will talk to the students about all the exciting things we will be doing in second grade. They will then write their goals for second grade onto soccer balls (I found a soccer ball notepad big enough for this) for this BB. I will have them write them on scrap paper before they finally write them on the balls.

Kicking Off a Great Year - This is for the hallway BB. The BB will resemble a football field and the students names are written on the footballs. My name is written on a helmet. It's just to show off our class and let the kids be excited to see their name in print.

Lunch is Served - This is for the morning area where the lunch menu is posted, along with the magnetic board where they choose hot or cold lunch. I am going to try to find some cheap, Dollar Tree racket to hang on the wall in that area.

Now -- I guess I am only allowed to post 5 pics. So I guess I will leave this post at that and post another one.

I really hope this helps out. Look for Part II
Attachment

Sign in to view attachment. Not a member? Sign Up FREE

NIUTeach is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net