ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Sports Theme Ideas Pt 2 - Yes, more pictures!
View Single Post

NIUTeach

Sports Theme Ideas Pt 2 - Yes, more pictures!
Old 07-15-2007, 08:32 PM

Okay, here's part 2!

Rookie of the Week - This is my student of the week. I am taking ideas from Beth Newingham to make the whole week special to them. These ideas include, sharing sack, reading their favorite picture book, parents come to lunch, and the class poster!

Team Stears Scoreboard - This is the name for my individual student behavior board. It's just a changing cards system. They start on green and get three strikes (blue, white, red) before they are "out." I got a green pocketchart that was meant for flashcards, but it looks a lot like a scoreboard!

Slamdunk Spelling - This was an idea from Homerun Spelling (an idea I have seen a lot on this board), but I was thinking that Baseball was taking over the theme, so I went with basketball. I will have a chart where when a student gets 5 100% or -1 on their spelling test, they will get a basketball. When they get 5 basketballs, they get a small prize. I think I might set up a small Nerf basketball hook somewhere so that when they get a passing score, they can make a basket.

Homerun Writing - This is the name for the writing center. It's a normal writing center just with a catchy title.

Teamwork - This is the name of the job board for our classroom. Of course, being a Chicago girl, Bears' colors.

I have two more pictures, but I am not making a part 3 to this, so I will just describe...

Welcome to Stears Stadium
- I am Mrs. Stears, so our classroom will be called Stears Stadium this year. When I was putting the title together, I actually realized I somehow missed making a T for Stears, so I will have to fix that!

Centers - There's nothing really sports with that title -- I thought it was cute with the polka dot paper I found! It will be paired with a small pocket chart that has the centers/groups schedule.

So, that's about it. I hope you like!
Attachment

Sign in to view attachment. Not a member? Sign Up FREE

NIUTeach is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net