I used to do monthly newsletters before my kids were born (5 years ago) and well...you know, life happens. The twins, the 2 hour commute, the hubby (who is wonderful) - LIFE.
Anyway, I've been inspired by some of the websites and an online course on building relations with parents. I started one. Not sure if I want to take outsome of it out.
I was hoping to include each month the following:
- a brief synopsis of what we've been up to in class
- Some helpful information for parents (suggestions for read alouds, how to build comprehension, the importance of comprehension, how to help your child read, etc...)
- things to look forward to
- Possibly a calendar of events for the upcoming month
- pictures of the kids in action
- I would also like to focus on explaining what we are doing (my early focus will be on literacy- maybe explaining the different kinds of reading - independent, guided, partner - maybe explaining the different kinds of connections children should be making - t-t, t-s, t-w)
Anyway, what do you think? Oh, I teach first BTW.