ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - specific love and logic question
View Single Post

Mackenzie AK

I use it
Old 07-22-2007, 01:55 PM

and it works well for me. I do remove kids from the class, I let them know that to be a member of the room they must be contributing in a positive manner. I have an agreement with another teacher in the building and it is not fun to go there, they go into a corner and don't get to watch or interact with the room at all. I also will call home first, when I get the chance, and "prep" mom or dad with what happened, without letting the child know and then have the child call home and tell mom and dad about his/her day and why specifically they are calling home. This is usually a couple of hours after the incident, I have had time to cool down and the child has thought about the action for quite awhile. One liners, and you're out, but that is just my policy, they are very aware of it at the beginning of the year. I am very clear and concise about my expectations, L & L has a great "rules" poster for the classroom that you can order, you should check it out. I also have the CD's that I listen to occassionally. Good luck, I love it!! I have been using L & L for about 6 years.
Mackenzie AK is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net