ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - March 2nd Dr. Seuss' Birthday
View Single Post

bamateach

dr. seuss
Old 02-22-2006, 07:43 PM

Just finished planning for Seuss week. Our shcool is doing some dress up stuff. Rather than reading a story from the basal I am doing an Author study on Theodore Geisel and reading his books. also...
Monday - Reading And to think we saw it on Mulberry Street. (Dr. Seuss' first published book) we will write our own version of the stroy and title it To Think We Saw It On _________ (our school road).

Tuesday - Hat day Reading the 500 Hats of Bartholemew (sp?) We will make a graph of the hats we wore. I didn't know about the Saturn dealership. There is not one in my city, but if I am out and about this weekend I may check into it.

Wednesday - Read Wacky Wednesday We are dressing up. Also reading Green Eggs and HAm and we will make a class recipe book. Students will pick their fav. food and write ingredients and directions. I also have a recipe for Green Eggs and Ham that they will answer questions about.

Thursday - One Fish Two Fish. Wearing fishy clothing. Read The Lorax. Discuss character's point of view. Do activity from Mailbox magazine. (Can't remember exactly what it was but it had something to do with the different points of view.)

Friday - Read The Cat in the Hat and retell from the Cats point of view.
bamateach is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net