ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Guest Readers/Presenters Have you done this?
View Single Post

3grteacher

Mystery Readers
Old 07-30-2007, 06:33 AM

I have Mystery Readers too. The kids and the parents loved it. I put out a sign up sheet with all the open Friday's at Curriculum Night. They could sign up for 1 date.

I print up a list of readers and the dates and send it home to the parents in a sealed envelope. I ask that they not show the kids as this is part of the fun.

I send the list home to ALL the parents incase some missed the sign up, or could make the commitment that night.

I ask that the parents send in a list of three clues about themself the Friday before their day. The clues have to be general enough as to not give away who they are to their own child.

Usually we have almost ALL the Friday's filled up and most my parents did a great job of keeping it from their kids.

Parents usually stay for about 20 minutes. They read a story that they pick, or I can pick one for them.

Like the poster above, some times it's not parents. We've had grandmas, aunts, uncles, and sisters. I had a few open spots through the year so I asked our principal and VP and our Social Worker too.
3grteacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net