ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Changing Theme --help me brainstorm :)
View Single Post

tia

movie theme/stars
Old 07-30-2007, 03:35 PM

i, too, am doing a movie theme (At the Movies!) this year--never done it. no ideas for job board (not everything i do IS centered around the theme (i do WAY too much as it is....)

but here is what i'm doing:

*first, you can get stars (blue, red, yellow, or muted gold) at Dollar Tree--they are on thicker paper, about the size of your palm--i think there are 30 in a pack. (you could also use your ellison machine, if you have one, but this may save you some time!

*first day of school: i'm laying out the red carpet (got one at our party supply store--think it was only $15--might be able to get a piece of carpet for free or cheap at carpet store if you tell them you're a teacher. i'll also put it out for any "special" days (if i remember!)

*before school starts, i invite my students in to help set up room--we also we do a meet-n-greet this year to drop off supplies and meet teacher; at this time, i'll have them pick a piece of costume out of box, and i'll take a pic, post on a star, and post those out in the hallway under some banner about Now Starring...or something.

i have all these 1/2ideas that i haven't flushed out yet because i don't really want to think about school starting!

*i bought some border--it's plasticky--that looks like movie frames; i'm going to have the kids draw pictures of what they did during the summer with sharpies and then border a bull. board that shows their writing.

*for my AR board, they'll get pics of Oscars for each 5 pts--not sure what i'll attach them to (maybe each kid will get a shelf or something...)

*i also found a "street sign" that says hollywood to put over my door!

that's all i've got so far, would love to hear other ideas.
tia is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net