ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Desk Name Tags
Thread: Desk Name Tags
View Single Post

City Mouse

Old 07-31-2007, 07:05 PM

I have done the name tags both ways. When I taught third, I put both the first and last name in cursive because I taught cursive and wanted the students to learn how to read it also.
Last year, I taught fourth grade and cursive was not important to the previous teacher that I replaced. I printed the kids first names and last initial on their name tag.
I secured the tags with packaging tape to the front of the desk with the hope that the kids would not pry it off or destroy the tag by erasing their name (only kids will figure out how to erase sharpie permanent marker!) My idea did not work. Some destroyed their name tags the first day!
I have also attached magnets to the back of the name tag so they could stick on any of the magnetic parts of the desk. I really liked that until the name tags started disappearing. After that, I gave up. I figured the kids could figure out where they sat, and they did! Each time I rearranged, I just put a sticky note with their name on the desk. If I had a sub, I made a seating chart for them.
A co-worker last year gave me a great idea though that I'm going to use this year. She bought shower board and cut it to a size slightly larger than a name tag. She then taped the name tag to the shower board and had portable desk tags! This made the tags much more durable and they could be easily moved around the room.
City Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net