ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - How on EARTH do I stop the arguing?!?!
View Single Post

mrs_c

How on EARTH do I stop the arguing?!?!
Old 02-09-2012, 07:25 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I'm seriously about to lose my mind. I've tried everything. NONE of the kids get along. I feel like I'm on a constant episode of Jerry Springer. They argue back and forth, shout and tattle on each other all day long, any time someone gets something wrong someone tells them they "just got burned" (Where the HECK did that start?! I HATE IT!). Most of it is whispered to another student, and that student gets mad and yells back, so I usually can't even get on to the student from the beginning. They're calling each other names behind my back, and now they've even started holding up an "L" on their forehead while I'm not looking to another student. They're mean, spiteful, and just downright rude. I've tried doing group work to make them work together, I've tried separating the ones that argue, I've tried silent lunch, no recess, completely independent work...nothing has helped. Please tell me you have a magic solution before I leave work bald!!! I'm going to pull my hair out!!!

mrs_c is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net