ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - How on EARTH do I stop the arguing?!?!
View Single Post

kkim4

Thank you!!!
Old 02-13-2012, 02:24 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #18

I've been teaching a lot of years and can honestly say I've never seen a class quite like the one I have now. You all are writing as though you are living in my class! Between all the impulsivity, tattling, meanness, inattention, learning challenges and selfish behavior, it is hard to teach this group and, as a group, it shows! Test scores are lower, we're way behind on units, and I've modified and simplified instruction to limit the "freedom" and depth I typically give the kids. I'm excited to learn more about Tribes, but most importantly, it's nice to not feel so alone. A group like this definitely makes me question my own abilities. It is so sad that many of the parents acknowledge a problem with their own child but very quickly blame other students... just like the kids do! I don't even bother calling/emailing home much anymore because, other than taking time out of my already insanely busy day, it doesn't help. Good luck to you all... only 67 teaching days left (the kids are counting).
kkim4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net