ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - How on EARTH do I stop the arguing?!?!
View Single Post

ahawk11

Old 02-18-2012, 09:20 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #23

I am in the same boat. This post helps so much! Thanks!

Yesterday I spend 30 minutes conferencing with crying students out in the hall. 6 kids all crying for different reasons, and yes, this is in third! One set of girls went back and forth with the, "yes you did, no I didn't" thing. No matter what I did I couldn't get them to understand that one had their feelings hurt and the other didn't even realize she did anything. They were too mad to hear anything from anyone. I ended up just sending them to the office because I was wasting all of my teaching time dealing with girl drama (and I still had 2 crying kids to go!) The Principal didn't even talk to them. They were sent back after about 40 minutes. All they did was quietly sit in the office chairs and they came back like they were best friends! UGH!

In my school if you utilize the councilor too many times word makes it around that you can't handle your own class. Yes, I could use some assistance, but I am not willing to go there again and let everyone talk about how I have no classroom management for the next month or so. I already had her come in once. I guess the ideology is that if it doesn't stop in one 15 minute meeting then I am the miserable teacher.
ahawk11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net