ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - 5 star sentence
Thread: 5 star sentence
View Single Post

kidsrme11

Re: 5 star sentence
Old 08-14-2007, 06:19 PM

I also recently posted about the 5 star sentences. I wonder if we went to the same seminar? I don't know about folding a paper, but I do use the concept. I put 5 stars on the wall (from the party store) and have them labeled with "Capital, Spaces, Handwriting, Spelling, and Punctuation)
Then I have paper with the same format at the top. Lines are below for their sentence. They are supposed to color in the stars when they have checked their sentence for that component.
As the year progresses we constantly talk about the 5 stars ("Oh, that's a good four star sentence." is all I have to say to get them to think about that period that somehow never makes it to the end!)
I even added the stars to our spelling dictation sentences and we post the papers with 5 stars on our Star board.
I also shrink the stars down and put them on homework papers and various writing paper. It's fun for the kids and it's a great way to reinforces self-editing.
I am attaching the large version of what I do. It's not perfect and I'm sure there is an easier way to do it, but this is what I have for now. I was thinking of getting a stamp with 5 stars on it, but haven't figured out how to do that yet.
Attached Files
File Type: doc 5 stars.doc (23.5 KB, 624 views)
kidsrme11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net